Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't Pee On the Rug!


Wow, what a crazy couple of days...but crazy in a good way.

First, my kids were both sick for a week, and then one got better and the other got pneumonia. We found out he had it on Wednesday. Having a kid with that is scary and nerve racking and will result in many nights of little sleep.

Then on Thursday, my sister called and said she was on her way to the hospital as her water broke. Oh, she was pregnant and well, going to have her baby.

I went to the hospital about 3:30 pm on Thursday and then we waited...and waited...and waited until 4:32 am Friday morning. Let me tell you, watching someone being born is crazy - crazy in a good way. One minute, she was in her tummy, and the next, she was out and breathing and a little person. It was just so cool. It was crazy, incredible, and everything good all in one. I am so happy to have a new niece, who is super cute! Both mom and daughter are doing great. :)

Oh, the kids and I also somehow ended up getting this on Saturday...



His name is Presley (We also have an Elvis, so the name fits. Plus, being a huge Elvis fan, how could I NOT name him that???) He is sooo cute and friendly and adorable!

I think it is cool to have a new niece and a new kitten in the same weekend. I can't wait to watch my niece grow up and see what kind of a person she becomes. As for the cat, well, I just want him not to pee on the rug.
2008 Cindy Breninger

3 comments:

Polgara said...

What a gorgeous kitten!
Does your new niece have a name?
Pol x

Cindy Breninger said...

Hi!
Her name is Amie Hope. :) She is just sooo cute.

Anonymous said...

My oldest daughter had pneumonia when she was almost 2. She was so sick. We had to go to the hospital and have a chest x-ray. The doctor said it was viral and she would get better. She didn't and I took her back. She was worse and the other doctor in the group was quite upset she was not given an antibiotic. She also had a double ear infection on top of all that. She was a different child within 24 hours. What a crazy and scary week you had. Hope things are better now. Your new kitten is so adorable. Love your blog!