Thursday, April 12, 2012

Three month anniversary. I still can't believe it. :)

If someone had told me in early January that I would be making centerpieces for weddings and people's homes, I would have thought they were crazy.


If that person said I would be making personalized log tealight candle holders for a friend to give her friends as a gift, I would not have believed them.

If the same person said I would be making slate and rock tealight candle holders, business card holders and jewelry, again, I would have laughed.

Fast forward to three months (opened January 11, 2012) since I opened my online shop and I have made centerpieces for a wedding across the country, made personalized log tealight candle holders for a good friend to give to her friends as a gift and made tealight candle holders and business card holders from slate and rock. I have also learned how to make jewelry and how to make a centerpiece for almost any occasion.

I bring this up because I am sometimes in shock at my etsy shop. What went from a fleece blanket and a log, turned into a new passion for me. I love to create things and especially love when other people love what I make.

I hope to keep going as I am having such a great time. I hope people enjoy what I make as that is really important to me. I hope you find something that you want to do and you go for it!
Cindy
www.facebook.com/DeerwoodCreekGiftsThree month anniversary. I still can't believe it. :)

No comments: