Saturday, March 15, 2014

Starting Over.

The last two years have been quite a journey.  I never thought I would use a power tool, let alone own several, and then become pretty skilled with them.  Never did I imagine I would be able to tell the difference between almond, oak, or olive logs. Never did I imagine I would be out in my garage working and sweating in the summer, or freezing in the winter - all to make something new from a log! Never did I imagine that I would enjoy sitting in a garage that was either too hot or too cold, music playing and working away on anything I wanted to make. Never did I imagine I would look at a log looking for the beauty of it and make something other people would want. Never. Funny how life does that to a person. 

With all that said,  I no longer have a workshop where I can keep the logs or use the loud power tools. Somehow I don't think an apartment manager would be too understanding of a 12" skilsaw revving up at 10:00 at night. 


This was a very tough decision for me to make, but instead of closing my shop, I have decided I want to start my shop over from scratch. I feel a bit lost, as the logs were such a huge part of my shop and life. I used to work with them about six days a week - now zero. It was a bit of a shock at first. But, I am not one to sit and dwell, but more of a "what can I do now" type of girl.  I have been teaching myself to sew, and looking into a variety of fun things to make. I hope you will bear with me as I go through a trial and error period.  I love a good challenge, and I am definitely up for it.



I will always be so grateful to have been a small part of so many weddings, proposals, gifts, and even funerals of people I have never met. People who trusted me to make something they would enjoy - I can't explain how amazing that feels - it just feels amazing. 

Maybe someday when I move again, I will make sure to have a workshop and just might get back into making log items as I really love doing that. :) This is a huge change, but I firmly believe in making the best of any situation and to always move forward. I am excited for the new things I will be making and hope you will be too.

Here are some of the things I have made that I loved making. Maybe someday I will make more. :)

www.etsy.com/shop/DeerwoodCreekGifts
www.pinterest.com/CindyBreninger
www.facebook.com/DeerwoodCreekGifts
www.twitter.com/DeerwoodCreek

































2 comments:

Crazed Poppet Creations said...

You know, sometimes a door closes as another opens. I have seen your new hats and they are fabulous. I have watched you grow over the last 3 years and it always amazes me how you can pick up just about anything and run with it. You will do fine kiddo. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the future!

Cindy Breninger said...

Aww, thanks! That means a lot. :)