Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Sewing Machine and The Dremel

I recently acquired a sewing machine and a dremel. Did I mention I have never used either? But, I am so excited to learn how to use both of these, I can't wait to get started.

My plan for the dremel is to engrave the logs, coasters, toothbrush holders and/or anything else I can think of. This came about as I was asked to make a log toothbrush holder and could I engrave the side of it as if someone had written on the trunk of a tree. Oooh, I don't know how to do this, but you can bet I am going to home tonight and teaching myself how. I love the idea and can't wait! So many ideas floating around in my head that I can't wait to make them concrete.

As to the sewing machine, it is something I have always wanted to learn, but never got around to it. I now have a sewing machine and am going to take a class to explain it to me. I realized when I was calling the thread "string" and had no idea what a bobbin is or is used for, that I need a class. I want to make decorative pillow covers, ring bearer pillows, ipad covers and/or anything else I feel like making.

I truly love making new items and being creative, it is so much fun. I can't wait to learn these two new skills and see what I am come up with. :)

Take care,
Cindy Breninger
www.etsy.com/shop/DeerwoodCreekGifts
www.facebook.com/DeerwoodCreekGifts
www.twitter.com/DeerwoodCreek

3 comments:

Kira said...

You will catch onto sewing quickly!

Cindy Breninger said...

Hi Kira! I can't wait to get started learning. It looks like a lot of fun. :)

Isobel Morrell said...

Good luck with both your two new instuments! Don't know how I'd manage without my sewing machine, and am sure the dremel will be as equally indispensable to you as you go on with your creative endeavours. Looking forward to reading about them all!