Sunday, March 3, 2013

How to Make A Rock Air Plant Holder




Hi all!
I spent today in the garage hanging out with the dremel, some air plants, and a bag of rocks. Give me items like these and I will come up with something to make.

The first rock I wanted to use was pretty plain, sort of looked like a potato, but it had potential. I decided I wanted to make this into a mini air plant holder. I started by drilling three holes in the top of the rock. Oh, if you want to do this, please make sure you wear your goggles and a face mask.  I have said before that I don't want you to get bits of rock in your eyes or your lungs, so please cover up. Better safe than sorry.

I dipped the rock in some water and then started to drill. Since my drill is electric, I dip the rock in the water and then dremel on the rock. Do not put the dremel in the water. Duh, I know, but I would worry if I didn't mention that.



 Once I finished the three holes, I washed off the rock and added three mini air plants. How cute is this??? I love it.









Next I wanted to try writing on a rock. I am pretty new to this, but I love it so much and that makes practice a lot of fun. I just randomly wrote "Laugh Often" and added a little smiley face. I again dipped the rock in the water and then started to drill. Once I was done, it seemed kind of plain, so I drilled a hole and added an air plant. Again, super cute!




For my last rock of the day, I kept it simple. I drilled a heart and again, it was too plain, so I added a hole for, you guessed it, an air plant. I really like how simple it is, but how clean it looks.







Here is the finished three hole air plant rock:









And the finished Laugh Often rock.










If you are interested in any of these, they can all be found on my website at
www.etsy.com/shop/DeerwoodCreekGifts

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace out.
Cindy Breninger

4 comments:

Claudia Willison said...

These are great! I can picture one of them in my office... got to ponder about that...

Christine Jargick said...

so cute!

Holly Gerdes said...

Fantastic ideas!!! So very beautiful!!!

Silkartist said...

Such cool items, I love them! Good to take nature and make $!